Volo API Terms
The following terms (“API Terms”) govern your access to and use of the application program interfaces (the “Volo API”) and related materials in the Developers area of our website (the “Developer Site”), which are made available and provided by Volo Commerce Ltd. (“Volo Commerce”), to access aspects of Volo Commerce platform data (the “Volo Platform”), Volo services (“Volo Services”) and Volo content (“Volo Content”). In accordance with these API Terms, you may use the Volo Services and Volo Platform in connection with the applications and services you provide (your “Service”). Volo Commerce is willing to grant the rights and licenses below to you, subject to and in accordance with these API Terms. By accessing and using the Volo API, you are consenting to be bound by these API Terms.
1. Volo API
Subject to your compliance with these API Terms, Volo Commerce grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Volo API to develop, implement, and integrate interfaces to the Volo Platform, which permit your Service to utilise the Volo Platform and display Volo Content through your Service, based on the functionality we make available.
2. Volo Content
Subject to your compliance with these API Terms, Volo Commerce grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, publicly display and publicly perform the Volo Content made available through the Volo API, solely on and through your Service and to modify the Volo Content in order to format it for and display it on your Service.
3. Terms and Conditions
Your license to access and use the Volo Services, Volo API and Volo Content is conditional on your compliance with the following terms and conditions:
- You may not sell, resell or otherwise charge users for access to or use of the Volo Content. In addition, except as permitted herein (and unless you have been specifically permitted to do otherwise by Volo Commerce in writing), you may not (and you may not permit anyone else to): (i) sell or otherwise charge users specifically for the access or use of the Volo Content; (ii) create any derivative works of the Volo Content; (iii) copy any of the Volo Content and/or extract any data from it; or (iv) remove, alter or obscure any copyright or other proprietary notice, credit-line or time stamp (or any source identifier) included in the Volo Content or with the Volo Services.
- The availability of Volo Content is subject to change and Volo Commerce may restrict access to, modify, suspend or terminate any or all of the Volo Content or the Volo API at any time and possibly without prior notice.
- You may not use the Volo Services or Volo Content in a manner that reflects unfavourably on Volo Commerce, its products and services or our users; or to harass, spam or irritate others.
- You must abide by any limitations on access, calls, and use of the Volo API (“rate limits”) that are set by Volo Commerce. You may not attempt to circumvent those rate limits without written authorisation from Volo Commerce. If you exceed these rate limits (or Volo Commerce believes that you have attempted to do so) your ability to access the Volo API may be temporarily or permanently blocked.
- Volo Commerce may monitor your access and use of the Volo API, Volo Services and Volo Content to ensure your compliance with these API Terms. You may not interfere with such monitoring or in any way attempt to conceal your activities hereunder. You agree to and will make available to Volo Commerce any data, usage statistics or other information (in the aggregate) regarding your access and use of the Volo API, Volo Services and/or Volo Content as reasonably requested by Volo Commerce.
- You may not (or attempt to) interfere, by-pass, or disable any features or functionality that is embedded or included with the Volo Services, Volo Content or Volo API, including the reporting of any data, usage statistics or other information regarding your (or your users’) access and use of the Volo Services.
- You may not use or access the Volo API for purposes of monitoring the availability, performance or functionality of the Volo Services or for any other benchmarking or competitive purposes.
- Volo Commerce reserves the right to deliver advertisements in connection with the Volo Services (“Ads”). You may not (or attempt to) remove, disable, circumvent or obscure any Ads within the Volo Services without the prior written consent of Volo Commerce.
- You may not use, copy, modify or distribute the Volo API or Volo Services, if applicable, for any purpose other than as expressly permitted herein.
- You may not use the Volo Services, Volo Content or Volo API in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these API Terms.
4. Updates and Support
- Volo Commerce may update or revise the Volo API from time to time and such updates and revisions may adversely affect the manner in which your Service accesses or communicates with the Volo API. You are responsible for making any changes to your Service that are required as a result of Volo Commerce’s updates and revisions to the Volo API (at your own expense).
- Volo Commerce will use commercially reasonable efforts to assist you with technical questions and issues relating to the implementation and use of the Volo Services, as you may reasonably request from time to time. You can email Volo Commerce’s designated contact at APIAccessRequests@volocommerce.com for support questions related to the Volo Services. You are responsible for providing all support and/or technical assistance to your end users regarding the use of your Service (including any issues related to the Volo Services). Volo Commerce is not obliged to provide any support and/or technical assistance directly to your users.
You may terminate your API licenses at any time by ceasing your access to the Volo API. Volo Commerce may immediately suspend your access to the Volo API, Volo Content and/or use of the Volo Services, if applicable (or if necessary, terminate your licenses) at any time, and without notice to you. Volo Commerce may also terminate any licenses hereunder for any reason with thirty (30) days’ notice (including by email) to you. Volo Commerce will not be liable for any costs, expenses, or damages as a result of its termination of your licenses. Upon termination, you will promptly cease accessing and using the Volo API, Volo Content and the Volo Services with your Service.
You acknowledge that Volo Commerce and its licensors own all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the Volo API, Volo Services, Volo Content and Volo Logo, including all intellectual property rights therein. You agree not to do anything inconsistent with such ownership. All use of the Volo Logo, and all goodwill arising out of such use, inures to Volo Commerce’s benefit. Any and all rights not specifically granted herein to you are reserved by Volo Commerce. You may provide Volo Commerce with comments, suggestions, or feedback regarding the Volo API and/or the Volo Services (“Feedback”), provided that you agree that Volo Commerce will be free to use, disclose, reproduce, license or otherwise distribute, and exploit such Feedback as it sees fit, entirely without obligation or restriction of any kind on account of intellectual property rights or otherwise. Further, you acknowledge and agree that Volo Commerce may currently or in the future be developing information and materials internally, or receiving information and materials from other parties, that are similar to your Feedback or Service. Nothing in these API Terms will be construed as a representation or agreement that we will not develop or have developed, distribute, market or promote applications, services, products or concepts that are similar to and/or compete with the applications, services, products or concepts contemplated by or embodied in any Feedback or your Service.
7. Confidential Information
You may be given access to certain non-public information, software and/or specifications relating to the Volo API or the Volo Services (“Confidential Information”), which is confidential and proprietary to Volo Commerce. You may use this Confidential Information only as necessary in exercising your rights granted in these API Terms. You may not disclose any of this Confidential Information to any third party without Volo Commerce’s prior written consent. You agree that you will protect this Confidential Information from unauthorised use, access, or disclosure in the same manner that you would use to protect your own confidential and proprietary information of a similar nature and in any event with no less than a reasonable degree of care.
You assume all responsibility and risk of use of the Volo API, Volo Content, Volo Services and Volo Logo. The Volo API, Volo Content, Volo Services and Volo Logo are provided “as is” on an “as available” basis without warranty or condition of any kind. Volo Commerce disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and any warranties or conditions arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. Volo Commerce is not responsible or liable (and makes no representation or warranty) for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of the Volo API, Volo Content or Volo Services.
You represent and warrant that you have the necessary power and authority to enter into this Agreement (if you are agreeing to these API Terms on behalf of your employer or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have full legal authority to bind your employer or such entity to these API Terms) and that you will comply with the terms and conditions of these API Terms. You will indemnify, defend (or settle) and hold Volo Commerce harmless from any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, actions, judgments, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) brought by a third party arising out of or in connection with your breach of these API Terms.
10. Limitation of Liability
In no event will Volo Commerce be liable for any special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with these API Terms, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or Volo Commerce is expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. The foregoing limitations will survive and apply even if any limited remedy specified in these API Terms is found to have failed its essential purpose.
Volo Commerce may modify any of these API Terms, at any time and in its sole discretion, by posting notice on the Developer Site or by otherwise notifying you. If any change is unacceptable to you, your recourse is to terminate your license. Your continued access and/or use of the Volo API and/or your continued access and/or use of the Volo Services following such notice will constitute your acceptance of the change.
12. Governing Law
You agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively governed in accordance with the laws of and the courts in England and Wales.